The Long of it
Why would I want to re-mortgage my property?
A re-mortgage takes place when you are changing your mortgage provider. People choose to re-mortgage when
- their fixed-term mortgage deal comes to an end, and the owner wants to change lender in order to obtain a better interest rate
- they are changing the Title position, such as after a divorce
- they want to increase their monthly payments in order to pay off the mortgage faster
At Watermans, our dedicated conveyancing solicitors are here to help you to re-mortgage your home. We offer easy to understand advice, and take care of the legal stuff, so you don’t have to.
Why use a solicitor for re-mortgaging?
A solicitor needs to be present to deal with the legalities of the re-mortgaging process which includes
- obtaining a redemption figure from the current lender
- arranging to discharge the current lender’s Security on the Title
- dealing with the new lender to advise them of the Title position
- arranging for you to sign new security documents to allow the new lender to have a legal charge on the building
- ingathering new lender funds to pay off the existing mortgage
- dealing with all registrations
- recommending a trusted mortgage broker
How long does the re-mortgaging process take?
The re-mortgaging process can usually take from 4 to 8 weeks after you apply. However, each transaction is different, and dependent on the circumstances you may find that you have to wait a little longer.
At Watermans, we will work with you to make the whole process seem easy, in the most time-efficient way that we can. We understand that the legal stuff can seem daunting and stressful, especially when it is to do with property, and we try to make everything as convenient for you as possible. Contact our dedicated conveyancing team to get your re-mortgage started today.
Why should I choose Watermans as my solicitor?
At Watermans, our team are experts in providing clear and expert legal advice in relation to re-mortgaging your property. We understand that re-mortgaging can seem like a daunting task, and that it may be an emotional time for you.
We are here to help.
We offer Straightforward legal advice, so there is never any confusion. We are here to guide you every step of the way, by offering you a service that is convenient and efficient.
Contact our dedicated conveyancing solicitors today.
Get in touch with us
Everything we do at Watermans is about getting you the resolution you need and making that process straightforward. Start the process by sending us your details below or calling us on 0131 555 7055
"*" indicates required fields
Our property expert
“My clients would describe me as being approachable, down to earth and easy to get on with. This allows me to build relationships with my clients and provide straightforward legal advice without all the jargon.”
Shawn Wood, Head of Conveyancing