Most of us know someone who has been involved in a road traffic accident, and unfortunately for some there will have been fatal consequences.
According to 2018 figures, an average of 336 accidents occur every day on roads across the country, resulting in an average of 429 casualties per day.
It’s worrying to think that no matter how safe a driver you are, you could still be at risk of a collision on the road that wasn’t your fault.
The most common reason for road traffic accidents is dangerous or negligent driving. But there are a host of other causes, including:
- Drink driving
- General lack of concentration
- Using a mobile phone
Today we take a look at the top 10 most hazardous stretches of A roads and motorways in Scotland.
1. A900 through City of Edinburgh
2. A7 through City of Edinburgh
3. A77 or A77M through City of Glasgow
4. A761 through Glasgow City
5. A1140 through City of Edinburgh
6. A8 through City of Edinburgh
7. A81 through Glasgow City
8. A879 through East Dunbartonshire
9. A1 or A1M through City of Edinburgh
10. A700 through City of Edinburgh
Whether you are the driver or a passenger in a vehicle involved in a road traffic accident, you may be entitled to compensation.
You can reach us on 0131 550 7055 to rearrange a free consultation or you can contact us via our online form.