No Win No Fee

The terms ‘Slips, Trips and Falls’ refers to accidents that occur in public places including on pavements, in hospitals, schools, supermarkets, sports centres, and playgrounds. Slips, trips and falls are often more serious than they sound and in 95% of occasions result in broken bones.

Public organisations must ensure that their buildings, sites and premises are safe to use. Roads and pavements are key areas in this regard, as the majority of fall claims arise from defective pavements and potholes in public highways.

Most common types of slip and trip accidents

Slips and trips can happen anywhere, whether it’s a workplace or a public building. Most common slip and trip accidents occur in offices, factories, warehouses, construction sites, supermarkets and shopping centres. The risk of slipping and tripping gets higher in public use buildings or places where large numbers of people engage in various tasks at the same time.

Some of the most common workplace slips and trips include:

  • Slipping on a wet floor, e.g. supermarket
  • Slipping on spillages
  • Tripping over frayed or damaged tiles
  • Tripping over an object left in an inappropriate place
  • Slipping or tripping due to poor or defective lightning
  • Slipping or tripping on damaged or unsafe stairs

The Health and Safety regulations including the Work at Height Regulations 2005 and The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 protect employees against slips and trips in the workplace.

Employers and property owner’s responsibility

Employers and property owners have a responsibility to protect their employees and the public from the risk of having an injury by ensuring that the public use facilities and work environments are safe and fit to use. If they fail to do so, they may be liable for trip or fall compensation due to the injuries and any inconveniences caused by your accident.

Effects of slip or trip accidents

Most slips and trips result in relatively minor injuries requiring minimal time off work, but there are occasions where they lead to long lasting, permanent disability. These life changing accidents have a huge impact both on the injured person as well as their families especially when the person injured has to take time off work. In these instances, compensation can help cover some of the costs associated with any specialist care you may require and improve your financial situation.

If you suffered a slip, trip or fall that was caused by someone’s negligence on the part of a local authority, public body or employer contact our slip, trip and fall solicitors for a free consolation and assessment of your circumstances.

Contact us now to start your Personal Injury Claim

If you wish to start a claim or would like someone to get in touch with you, please enter your details in the form.

Public Liability Claims - Frequently Asked Questions

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. At volutpat diam ut venenatis tellus in metus vulputate eu. Sapien faucibus et molestie ac feugiat sed lectus vestibulum. In fermentum posuere urna nec tincidunt praesent semper feugiat

We will act for you on a “No Win, No Fee” basis meaning that we will never ask you to pay a fee to us for our service. Even if your case is unsuccessful we would not look for you to pay the defender’s costs – we would meet these for you.

In the event of us succeeding in your case you will receive at least 80% of the total settlement figure agreed. We deduct a success fee of no more than 25% including VAT and outlays. We also recover a fee from the “at fault” party allowing us to pass on as much of the compensation to you as possible. Some firms may deduct up to 30% (plus VAT) from your damages but we want to ensure our clients receive the maximum amount of their compensation in their hand.

Contact Us

Join the thousands of clients we act for successfully each year. We have offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow with meeting facilities available in Aberdeen, Stirling, Dundee, Inverness upon request.