Selling your home can be a stressful time with lots of packing, tidying, and de-cluttering. The visual aspect of marketing your property is crucial. Homes that are in a better condition often achieve a higher sale price.
Here are a few keys points to consider before preparing your property for sale:
- Optimize the space – clear rooms of unnecessary bulky furniture.
- Freshen up the walls – applying neutral colours will make rooms seem bigger and brighter.
- First impression counts – the front door gives visitors a good idea of what they can expect when they enter a home. Give your front door a makeover and don’t forget that decorative elements can sometimes make it or break it.
- DIY – fixing minor repairs like broken handles or cracked tiles is vital before you start viewings. Re-grouting shower/bathroom and replacing old silicone is also a good idea.
- A clean home is a happy home – ensure the windows and floors are spotless and that the garden area is tidy.
- Keep it real – people want to buy a home, there’s no need to clear all photos and personal items that will give the property some personality!
We are happy to supply advice about the little tweaks that can be made to optimize your property marketing.
If you would like a free pre-sale appraisal please give us a call or email.
Louise Stenhouse, Property Manager