Whether your journey is on the road, on the track, or off-road, safety is a top priority, and no-one knows more about driving safely than our sports ambassadors Finlay Retson Motorsport and Rory Skinner Racing. Check this video checklist of everything you should consider when planning your journey to make sure all the bases are covered!
As a driver of a vehicle, you should make sure that your passengers are safe.
- All occupants must wear a seatbelt (if fitted).
- Passengers should always try and enter and exit the car on the pavement side of the vehicle.
- Give way to pedestrians on pedestrian crossings.
- When pedestrians are on or near the road, adjust your speed and road position to give you enough time to stop if you need to
- Watch out for children dashing out.
- Older people need more time to cross the road – be patient.
- When turning at a junction give way to pedestrians who are crossing the road.
- Give them some room
- Drivers who pass too close to cyclists will be targeted for fines.
If you’ve been involved in a car accident – and you feel sure it wasn’t their fault – you should contact Watermans Solicitors as soon as possible. Our expert accident solicitors can help establish whether you have a valid claim and advise on how much compensation you could be entitled to.