Location: Edinburgh or Glasgow
Salary: up to £30 000
Working Hours: 35 hours with flexibility on office location and home working
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Website Manager to join the team at Watermans. We have offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow and are open to considering remote working. To be considered for the role, you must have a proven background in hands-on management of websites and creating results-driven organic search strategies.
You need to able to demonstrate that you understand the role of the website in the customer journey and be able to create ideas and pragmatic roadmaps for the elements that are critical in ensuring our website delivers against business objectives (specifically search, content, UX and development).
You must have the capability to undertake keyword analysis and be able to know what success looks like when paid campaigns are being undertaken. You will have experience working with a variety of technical tools such as Google Analytics, Search Console.
You should be driven by a need to create positive outcomes as part of a team committed to delivering a first-class customer experience across all its customer touchpoints including websites, social and broader marketing activations.
- Lead and develop the in-house SEO strategy to the highest possible standards.
- Proactively keep on top of the latest SEO industry news and trends to improve website performance.
- Direct and deliver off-page optimization projects (e.g. link-building)
- Analyse and report progress of implemented SEO strategies to stakeholders.
- Analyse and understand user behaviour, site interaction and opportunities to enhance engagement and conversion across the websites.
- Grow the Watermans brand by developing bespoke content and feature (functionality) strategies.
- Develop and deliver all online content, development, functionality and UX for two websites working alongside the internal stakeholders, Watermans external development team and external agencies.
- Collaborate with internal staff and management to ensure the website aligns with brand strategy (tone, look and feel, messaging) and meets business standards.
- Contribute heavily to technical roadmap discussions for the websites (e.g. platform selection, supplier selection).
- Identify and recommend additional martech tools where appropriate that will aid understanding of user behaviour and needs.
|Skills, Knowledge, Experience||Essential||Desirable|
|Ambitious individual who thrives in a fast-paced working environment||✔|
|Professional approach with a strong eye for detail and a disciplined approach to delivering high standards||✔|
|Ability to undertake repetitive tasks to a high quality||✔|
|A pragmatic problem solver with a can-do attitude that can articulate issues and present solutions||✔|
|Strong logical and analytical skills with the ability to spot patterns, gaps, relationships, and inconsistencies||✔|
|Strong organisational skills, with the ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver whilst remaining calm under pressure||✔|
|Good verbal and written communication skills||✔|
|Capable of working autonomously and self-directing priorities and future needs||✔|
|An advanced understanding of SEO practices (copywriting, keyword integration, sitemaps, geo-targeting)||✔|
|Strong ability with Google Analytics, Google Console, heatmapping and other tools used to understand user behaviour||✔|
|Good knowledge of digital marketing channels such as PPC, SEO, PR, Paid Social, Display and affiliate marketing channels and the metrics that are used in each||✔|
|3-5 years’ experience on website management, SEO optimisation||✔|
|Experience working with CMS and building/administrating content in multiple CMS environments (familiarity with WordPress is essential)||✔|
|Experience of working alongside internal IT and Marketing teams to create effective strategies and roadmaps that can be implemented by in-house and specialist 3rd party agencies where necessary||✔|
|Education, Qualifications, Professional Subscriptions/Memberships||Essential||Desirable|
|Degree educated in Marketing or similar discipline or equivalent experience||✔|
|Full UK Driving License||✔|
|Committed to displaying the values and spirit of the firm||✔|
For details please contact: [email protected]