Call 24/7 0131 555 7055

Claims Against The Council

Every year, many thousands of people successfully sue councils around Scotland for damages. From serious bike accidents to damaged cars to incidents that take place on council properties, there are many occasions when the local authority is found to be negligent.

Councils have a duty to maintain the roads and footways. Yet many people suffer often serious accidents or damage to property thanks to potholes, damaged road surfaces and broken pavements.

Slips, trips and falls can happen on council managed properties too - not just to employees but also members of the public.

If you've been involved in an accident and you think that the council may be at fault, then you my have a claim for compensations.

How can I make a claim and what is going to cost me?

Every claim is different and will be assessed by our team of expert solicitors and medical specialists. Its easy to get the process started, you can email, call or fill in our online form.

Importantly, each claim is investigated on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis that ensures you are never out of pocket.

How long will it take to make a claim?

Once we have taken on your claim, our team will gather the relevant information regarding your case to give you the best chance of winning. Once we have the details, we'll be able to estimate a likely timeframe.

Will I win my case?

We thoroughly assess each case from the beginning and if your case goes ahead, you can be assured that you have a very good chance of winning. Watermans only deals with personal injury law and all our resources are spent on helping our clients win the compensation they deserve. To date, we've helped more than 20,000 people to successfully claim.

Our personal injury compensation calculator shows how much you could be able to claim.

You only have 3 years to claim from the time of your injury so it’s important that you get the claims process underway as quickly as possible.