The consequences of neglect, abuse, and violent crime can be devastating. Sufferers are often left feeling isolated, alone, and unsure of what to do next.
If you, or someone you know, are an abuse survivor, our specialist team can help you move on, with all the strength and support you need to claim compensation from those responsible.
We understand that recovery can be a long process – especially if your experience been particularly traumatic – so in every instance, we’ll take as much time as you need and keep everything completely confidential. And for many of our clients, claiming compensation has helped in their recuperation and provided some much needed closure.
It can be daunting to speak to a solicitor so that’s why we’ve put together a specialist team with years of experience in physical and psychological abuse cases. Both David and Heather are experts in dealing with complex and unique cases and are dedicated in getting every survivor justice.
We will do everything we can to help you recover
We have wide ranging experience in dealing with cases of physical and psychological abuse and know how difficult it can be for our clients to re-live a past experience. Whatever you have been through, you can be safe in the knowledge that we will be at your side every step of the way. We will also refer you to dedicated support organisations who will be there to support and care for you at every stage.
Watermans have the expertise and specialist knowledge to help survivors that have suffered a wide range of abuse, including:
- child abuse
- domestic violence
- elderly (e.g. nursing home)
- disabled persons
- historic sexual abuse cases (both adult and child)
- criminal injury compensation claims
as well as any combination of the above.
We put a great deal of care and attention into your rehabilitation. Our team will ensure that you receive the compensation you need to access any necessary medical or psychological care or support, both now and in the future.
Abuse and Criminal Injury - Frequently Asked Questions
If you have been the victim of abuse or criminal injury, you may be entitled to a claim for compensation.
As every case is different, it’s difficult to know how long your claim could take. We believe that recovery is more than compensation. Take a look at our simple guide to personal injury compensation to find out a little more. Each case is unique but the important thing to know in all cases is that it is never the survivor’s fault. So please don’t feel trapped or silenced. We can help you get the compensation you deserve, and help you move on with your life.
Most cases are settled outside court. But even if your case does proceed to court, it is very unlikely that you will have to attend. We will keep you updated with every development as the case progresses – and we will always discuss the plan of action with you in advance and ensure that you are comfortable before moving forward.
We’ll offer you some initial advice and work with you to determine if you have a case and how we move forward. At the same time, we’ll put you in touch with one of our partner organisations that give you all the advice and support you need.
- Get in touch, whether that’s by email, phone or face-to-face. We know this can be daunting so we’re available to meet at a place and time that’s comfortable and convenient for you.
- We’ll then offer you some initial advice and work with you to determine how to move forward. We’ll also put you in touch with one of our partner organisations that give you all the advice and support you need. We’ll be with you every step of the way and will take all the time you need.
- Your dedicated team will then work closely with you to build your case. Both Heather and David are well versed in the complexities and difficulties of abuse cases. Their experience and dedication will ensure that the claims process is as easy as possible for you.