NHS and care home staff – What types of accidents at work can I claim compensation for?

28th Oct 2020
Agata Myszkowska

Marketing Manager


NHS and care home staff – What types of accidents at work can I claim compensation for?


There has never been a more important time for health and safety when it comes to NHS staff and care home workers.

At Watermans, we understand and appreciate how tireless those in the healthcare sector work to provide a healthy and safe environment to patients and care residents.

They often supervise their patients’ medication, hygiene and diet, not to mention helping them with everyday chores.

One challenge NHS or care workers should never have to face is an accident at work, but unfortunately it does happen.

Some of the types of injuries NHS and care workers may be at risk of include

  • Needlestick injuries
  • Slips and trips
  • Exposure to chemicals
  • Injury caused by equipment that is faulty
  • Failure to provide suitable protective equipment
  • Injuries caused by lifting people without the correct equipment.


What happens if I’m injured at work?


Employers have a legal duty of care towards their staff members. This applies to every type of workplace, including doctors’ surgeries, hospitals and care homes.

If you become injured at work, your employer may be liable to pay compensation for your injuries.

It is extremely important not to underestimate the impact a workplace accident has on you, and your family.

Any work accident can result in a long-term injury which permanently changes your life. This can mean time off work, resulting in a loss of earnings, pension rights and future problems issues of financial stability.

Our accident at work lawyers have extensive experience in dealing with these types of claims, understand the many complex issues involved.

If you want to know more about the accident at work claim process then visit our making a claim for compensation section. Contact us today.


NHS staff can access their 20 percent discount by calling 0131 555 7055 or visit our contact page.